Harrison College House embodies its house values of Curiosity, Inclusion, Service, and Wellness in various ways. Through the Harrison Serves Program Community, students will immerse themselves in civic engagement and service. Residents will have the opportunity to broaden their understanding of civic engagement and how to make a positive impact on the local, national, and global communities through service opportunities. Students who participate in the Harrison Serves Programming Community will embody our coat of arms, “Non Sibi sed toti,” or “not for the self, but for everyone.
Students who live in the program community will commit to:
- Attending at least one of four movies in each semester that is offered in the Harrison Serves: Civic Engagement Cinema Series
- Support the Harrison-Robeson High School Partnership by participating in the Robeson Visit Day
- Engage in at least 5 hours of community service each semester
- Fully model the Harrison house values of Curiosity, Inclusion, Service, and Wellness through engagement in and out of the house
- Engage in dialogues and events that support civic engagement in a political sense, especially as it relates to upcoming local, state, and federal elections.